Tuesday, March 16, 2010

(Please) Mind Your P's and Q's (Thank You)!

One Christmas, a very long time ago, my mom gave me and my two sisters each a Kate Spade book. I was given Manners! Of course back then I did not appreciate the gift, most likely thinking I already knew all there was to know about good manners! However, a few months ago the little book resurfaced and I have been hooked ever since. The book is full of quirky illustrations and a variety of helpful hints. From making a good first impression to tipping a cab driver, Manners is a guide to social do's and don'ts of modern life!

NAPKINS

"After being seated, wait until your host has joined the table and lifted his or her napkin, then place yours neatly on your lap."

"When excusing yourself from the table between courses, place your napkin on your seat or the arm of your chair. (And leave the table napkin-free.)"

"Before you leave the table, when you're done with the meal, simply rest your napkin to the left of the place setting. If the plates have already been cleared, then place it neatly on the table in front of you, but not as originally folded."

(via Manners)


No comments:

Post a Comment