Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Manners

Ever wonder what Kate thinks? I sure do and that's why I religiously reread her charming yet quirky book, Manners. I suggest you should do the same. I can't think of anything more unattractive than bad manners (okay I lied, white tennis shoes may be worse).

"Some Timeless Advice on Making Conversation"

Good conversation is all about the give and take - Excel at each.

Think before you speak - What's said can't be taken back.

When talking about your children, easy does it - Touting your child's skills or appearance can be offputting to your listener. The same holds true for pets.

The weather - Uniquely boring.

Boasting is boring too.*

Don't worry about being clever - Be genuine, be yourself.

(via Manners by Kate Spade)

*My number one pet peeve, don't even think about it when you are in my presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment