Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Crock a

Now that I am living on my own and I can't afford to eat out like I used to, I am left with no other option than to suck it up and learn how to cook. Even though I can always be be found in the kitchen, it is the eating I'm partaking in, not the cooking. However, I have always loved the idea of cooking! It is something I daydream about; me cooking up a storm in my kitchen, only using the freshest ingredients and top-of-the-line appliances, never leaving, meal after meal, family and friends coming in and out to enjoy my incredible home-cooked meals! Well, maybe one day, but I have a hell of a lot of work cut out for me if I want to live to see that day. For now I must learn the basics. My sister, KC, a divine cook and my bestie, Jenny, another great cook, cannot stop raving about the crock-pot. "You just through all your ingredients in the pot, walk away for about 5 hours, come back, and voila!" Okay-dokie, you sold me! Next purchase = a crock-pot!

Doing a little research on the crock-pot has led me to a million recipes, specifically for the crock-pot. Check out this chicken and sausage gumbo! And a crock-pot for less than $30! Do any of you own a crock-pot? If so, any good recipes you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment