Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Manners

I am always sure to say please and thank you, chew with my mouth closed, hold the door open for the person behind me, and put my napkin on my lap while eating. I consider myself a polite young lady; my mother has taught me well. Even though I know and mind my P & Q's, there are plenty of manners I have yet to learn. Thanks to Manners, by Kate Spade I have a complete guide to mindful, modern manners I can and should use everyday! If you have been following for awhile you may have caught a few manners I posted, but I impolitely stopped sharing. I better get back at it before you and I lose all our manners.

Today's Lesson: Utensils

Two guidelines are especially important to follow when using your utensils. When you decide to take a break from eating during your meal, simply set your fork on the left side of your plate, with the tines facing down and your knife on the right side, with the sharp edge facing inward. When you have finished your meal, place both your knife and fork side by side to the right of your plate. Try this at your next meal, you will be the talk of the town!

(context via Manners, fine dining placemats via Anthropologie)

No comments:

Post a Comment