Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Putting the Green Back in my Clutch

I started this blog to act as a creative outlet for myself. A place where I could let out all my creative juices. A little clutch I could fill with all things inspiring. I threw the "GREEN" in there with the intent of adding blurbs every here and there about how we can all lower our carbon foot print and become more environmentally aware. However, I got a little carried away with the whole inspiration thing and completely neglected the "GREEN" aspect. One of my hopes for this year is to put the green back in my clutch and share with you all simple actions we can perform in order to become more environmentally friendly.

Here is the first green tip of the year:

"A TV that's plugged in is still using half the electricity of a TV that's turned on. Most appliances-VCRs, DVD players, televisions, stereos, computers, and kitchen appliances-use power even when they are switched off.

For the average home, 75 percent of the electricity used to power home appliances is used while the products are not in use and turned off.

It's still costing you money and wasting energy.

Do the planet, and yourself, some good by unplugging appliances or using a power strip with a switch to shut off the flow of electricity."

No comments:

Post a Comment